Last modified: 19 January, 2022
- The personal data We may collect or that you may provide when you access or use the Company’s website located at hillwood.pl (the “Hillwood Site”).
- We collect offline or on any other Company or affiliate apps or websites, including websites you may access through the Hillwood Site.
- You provide to or is collected by any third party.
- Personal Data We Collect and How We Collect It
We collect personal data from and about users of the Hillwood Site:
- Directly from you when you provide it to us (Personal Data You Provide to Us).
- Automatically when you use the Hillwood Site (Automatic Personal Data Collection and Tracking).
We are allowed to use your personal data if and to the extent We have your consent to use your data for a specific purpose or another legally permitted reason applies, in particular if and to the extent such processing is necessary:
- for the performance of a contract to which you are party or in order to take steps at your request prior to entering into a contract;
- for compliance with a legal obligation to which we are subject;
- in order to protect the vital interests of yourself or of another natural person;
- for the performance of a task carried out in the legitimate and considerable public interest or in the exercise of official authority vested in us;
- to prevent threats to state or public security or to prosecute criminal offences;
- processing is necessary for the purposes of Our or the third party’s legitimate interests, except where such interests are overridden by the interests or fundamental rights and freedoms of yourself or another data subject which require protection of personal data, in particular where the data subject is a child.
In particular, We may use the personal data We collect for one or more of the following purposes:
- to fulfill or meet the reason for which you provided such personal data. For example, if you share your name and contact data to request a price quote or ask a question about our products or services, We will use that personal data only to respond to your specific inquiry. If you provide your personal data to purchase a product or service, We will use that data only to process your payment and facilitate delivery. However, to the extent legally permissible, We may also save your data to facilitate your new product orders or process returns or as otherwise may be required to fulfill the contract We have with you;
- to the extent it is required to enforce any claim We may have against you or, as the case may be, to defend Ourselves against any claim that may be brought against Us;
- to create, maintain, customize, and secure your account with Us;
- to process your requests, purchases, transactions, and payments and prevent transactional fraud;
- to provide you with support and to respond to your inquiries, including to investigate and address your concerns and monitor and improve Our responses;
- to personalize your website experience;
- to help maintain the safety, security, and integrity of the Hillwood Site, products and services, databases and other technology assets, and business.
- to respond to law enforcement requests and as required by applicable law, court order, or governmental regulations.
We will not collect additional categories of personal data or use the personal data We collected for materially different, unrelated, or incompatible purposes without providing you previous notice.
We will not use your personal data to conduct any automatic decision making (profiling).
We will not retain your personal data for longer than is necessary to fulfil the purpose for which it was collected, or to comply with any legal, regulatory or reporting obligations or otherwise a (public) legitimate interest or legal grounds to retain such data.
We may disclose information that do not constitute personal data without restriction.
In addition, we may disclose personal data that We collect and/or you provide, to the extent legally permissible:
- if and to the extent it is required for any purposes of legitimate processing, to Our subsidiaries, affiliates and Our and their employees, contractors, service providers, and other third parties we use to support Our business and website and who are bound by contractual obligations to keep personal data confidential and use it only for the purposes for which it was disclosed to them.
- to the extent it is not inconsistent with the purpose of the processing, to a buyer or other successor in the event of a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, or other sale or transfer of some or all of Company’s assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation, or similar proceeding, in which personal data held by Company about the Hillwood Site users is among the assets transferred.
- to fulfill the purpose for which you provide it.
- with your consent.
- if and to the extent it becomes necessary to comply with any court order, law, or legal process, including to respond to any government or regulatory request.
- if and to the extent it becomes necessary to protect the rights, property, or safety of Our customers, tenants, employees, or others. If necessary and legally permissible, this may include exchanging data with other companies and organizations for the purposes of public safety or fraud protection.
However, We will only transfer your personal data outside of the European Economic Area if the transfer is compliant with the GDPR and all other applicable laws (e.g. where the transfer is to a country which has been assessed by the European Commission as ensuring an adequate level of protection for the concerned personal data).
You have certain legal rights in respect of your personal data including right to information (article 15 of the GDPR), right to rectification (article 16 of the GDPR), right to be forgotten (article 17 of the GDPR), right to restriction of processing (article 18 of the GDPR), right to data portability (article 20 of the GDPR), right to object (article 21 of the GDPR) as well as right to lodge a complaint (Article 77 of the GDPR).
In particular your rights include a right to:
- object to the use of your personal data. When you exercise this right, We will either stop using your personal data or explain to you why We are unable to do so.
- to “restrict” Our use of your personal data, so that it can only continue subject to restrictions
- ask for a copy of the personal data that We hold about you, subject to certain exemptions, e.g. if the personal data were recorded only because they may not be erased due to legal or statutory provisions on retention, or only serve purposes of monitoring data protection or safeguarding data and providing information would require a disproportionate effort, and appropriate technical and organizational measures make processing for other purposes impossible)
- ask Us to update or correct inaccurate information about you
- require Us to delete (or stop making active use of) your personal data if it is no longer needed for the purpose for which it was collected (except if We are legally allowed to keep your personal data, e.g. if the deletion would conflict with retention periods set by statute or contract or if, in the case of non-automated data processing, deletion would be impossible or would involve a disproportionate effort due to the specific mode of storage and if your interest in deletion can be regarded as minimal)
- where Our processing is based on consent, the right to withdraw that consent
- request a copy of the personal data that you provided to Us so that you can use it for your own purposes
- object to any decision that significantly affects you being taken solely by a computer or other automated process
- to require personal data which you have provided to the Company and which are processed by using automated means, based on your consent or the performance of a contract with you, to be provided to you in machine-readable format so that they can be “ported” to a replacement service provider.
If you wish to exercise any of these rights, please contact email@example.com. The fulfilment of such requests may be subject to further exceptions or exemptions permitted under the GDPR or other data privacy laws (in which case We will inform you about occurrence of such exception or exemptions if you contact Us to exercise your rights – for example, We will not be able to comply with your request to delete your personal data if and to the extent We under legal obligation to retain such personal data).
We will require you to provide satisfactory proof of your identity in order to ensure that your rights are respected and protected. This is to ensure that your personal data is disclosed only to you.
We have implemented appropriate (technical and organizational) measures designed to secure your personal data from accidental loss and from unauthorized access, use, alteration, and disclosure. In this respect, We in particular take into account the relevant technical guidelines and recommendations from the Polish Data Protection Authority (Prezes Urzedu Ochrony Danych Osobowych). All data you provide to Us is stored on secure servers behind firewalls and is encrypted. However, the safety and security of your data also depends on you. We urge you to be careful about giving out personal data in public areas of the Hillwood Site, like message boards. The personal data you share in public areas may be viewed by any user of the Hillwood Site. Unfortunately, the transmission of personal data via the internet and mobile platforms is never completely secure. We are not responsible for circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures We provide.
All information appearing on the Hillwood Site is provided for your convenience only.
All artwork, videos, images, content, text, and other materials appearing on the Hillwood Site are subject to copyrights owned by Company, its affiliates, or its licensors. Any reproduction, re-transmission, or replication of all or part of any materials, content, image, video, or recording found on the Hillwood Site is expressly prohibited unless Company or the copyright owner of the material has expressly granted its prior written consent to reproduce, retransmit, or republish the material. All rights reserved.
The names, trademarks, service marks and logos of the Company appearing on the Hillwood Site may not be used in any advertising or publicity, or otherwise to indicate the Company’s sponsorship of or affiliation with any product or service, without the Company’s prior express written permission.
The Hillwood Site may contain links to social media sites that are not under the control of the Company. These links are provided as a convenience to you and the Company is not responsible for the content, policies, or security protocols of any such sites. The inclusion of any such link within the Hillwood Site does not imply any approval or endorsement of such linked sites or their operators.
The Hillwood Site is not intended for children under 16 years of age, and We do not knowingly collect personal data from children under 16. If We learn We have collected or received personal data from a child under 16 without verification of parental consent, We will delete that data. If you believe We might have any data from or about a child under 16, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
You have a right to make complaints to the relevant data protection authority. Contact details of authorities in in Poland:
Urząd Ochrony Danych Osobowych
ul. Stawki 2
Tel. +4822 531 03 00
Fax +4822 531 03 01
A list of other data protection authorities within the European Economic Area is available under the following link https://edpb.europa.eu/about-edpb/board/members_en